10 Mar How to Take Care of Your Dental Device
If you’ve just received a dental device, you are well on your way to refreshing sleep. But just like any device, you need to properly care for your dental device so that it can perform the way it’s intended. We’ve created a list for you to follow to ensure you get the most out of your experience with a dental device.
Here are some basic ways you can manage your dental device, which you ought to practice daily.
1. Brush your device daily and rinse with water or soft soap. Always dry your device before putting it back into its case.
2. The device should be properly disinfected every 4-6 weeks in a mix of equal parts of water and hydrogen peroxide for about 30-60 minutes. There are alternatives to this, which involve purchasing an over-the-counter “denture” or “retainer” cleaner.
3. Avoid any contact with heat. Always keep your device AWAY FROM HEAT.
4. A case is usually provided to keep the device in. Always keep your device in a case when not in use to avoid loss or damage.
5. Make sure your teeth are clean before inserting the device.
6. Your morning repositioner (pink bite tap) should be worn each time after removal of the device for at least 15-20 minutes.
If you follow these basic but necessary rules, your device will always be in good condition. If you have any questions regarding device care, contact us at (205) 874-9699.